Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy
CELEBRATING OVER 40 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE!
Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy and its philosophy are inspired by the educational thought of Dr. Maria Montessori; teaching models for the classrooms and the developmental learning materials were created by her. The Academy continues her work in developmental psychology and education.
As Montessori educators, we believe that each child is born to be a learner, and that the full potential of each person is realized only through an ordered, challenging, nurturing environment that is physical, intellectual and social.
We believe that the child and his/her needs are the central and commanding focus on the learning process. It is the role of the school to observe, to know, and encourage the child as he/she proceeds throughout the stages of development.
We see in each child the future of society, of our nation, of our planet. The child in the process of fundamental development has unlimited possibilities and the future rests on our ability cultivate this potential throughout the Montessori learning process.
Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy welcomes students from diverse social, economic, ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds.
- We believe that the learning process is governed by basic human tendencies or needs:
- The need to communicate, to use language
- The tendency for order, the demand to organize, classify and interpret reality
- The need for independence, the impulse to act personally on and in reality
- The need for social relationships
- The need to experience reality through imagination
Unique Qualities of Mt. Clemens Montessori Academy
- Our students are our #1 priority. We listen to their needs, then teach Montessori teaching techniques to help them to achieve them.
- Mt. Clemens Montessori is dedicated to offering students the highest quality primary level education through a program which cultivates the child’s own natural desire to learn.
- We are committed to consistency and continuity which are the most important element in a child’s growth and development.
- We are dedicated to the extraordinary personal and academic advancement of our students.
- Mt. Clemens Montessori is dedicated to holding its staff and students to a higher standard.